AD HOC, LLC, Washington, DC
User Experience Researcher
- Working with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to improve their digital services for hospital quality reporting
AMERICAN ANTHROPOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION, Arlington, VA
- Increased revenues by $50k/22% and generated over $280k in sales by identifying/resolving technological problems and improving customer relations
- Led a user-centered redesign of the AnthroGuide, driven by qualitative and quantitative research with over 200 users Redesign resulted in an improved UI/UX of AnthroGuide website and print products
- Advocated for user needs and agile/innovation strategies while assessing Association’s technological needs
- Created a new pricing structure informed by user research, qualitative, and quantitative analyses
- Presented digestible research insights to stakeholders and Executive Office
- Supervised production, graphic design, and distribution of AnthroGuide product
- Hired and supervised two temporary employees annually
BURKE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY & CULTURE, Seattle, WA
Dec 2013-Aug 2015
ARCHAEOLOGY PUBLIC OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Point of contact for public inquiries, artifact identifications and historical research
- Planned 4-5 annual museum-wide and department-specific educational events
- Managed volunteers/docents for special events, supervised high school interns
- Created educational outreach projects for PreK-12 and diverse cultural audiences
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Created lesson plans and supervised Comparative Anatomy of Vertebrates dissection labs
- Responsible for creating, setting up, and grading lab test and exams
- Conducted guest lecture on human evolution
- Experienced in pedagogical methods and active learning techniques
RECHTMAN CONSULTING, LLC., Hilo, HI
Dec 2011-Sep 2013
- Experienced in all aspects of archaeological surveys, assessments and excavation
- Prepared lab and field reports for archaeological permitting and preservation
UH Hilo Student Medical Services, Hilo, HI
Jan 2010-Dec 2011
- Assisted in patient treatment and check-in, including processing laboratory requests and insurance reimbursements
- Maintained compliance with national health care and university standards of confidentiality including FERPA and HIPPA compliance
Geohazards Consultants International, Inc., Hilo, HI
Aug 2011- Oct 2011
- Conducted field survey and test excavations of identified sites
- Responsible for laboratory analysis and historical research of recovered archaeological materials
2017 Interaction Design Foundation certifications
2017 General Assembly User Experience Design Bootcamp
2016 Masters of Arts Archaeology (PhD candidate), UNIVERSITY of WASHINGTON
2011 Bachelors of Arts Anthropology, UNIVERSITY of HAWAII AT HILO
Usability testing, guerilla testing, ideation and validation, user interviews, research design, data synthesis, persona development, prototyping, wireframes, wireflows, user-flows/task-flows, UI design principles, storyboard design.
I've designed and conducted the following ethnographic research projects: Long-term ethnography of hula halau in Hawaii (2010-2011), Rapid Assessment ethnography of Somali school-age children in Seattle (2013), qualitative interviews with ceramic makers in Indonesia (2015). I'm experienced with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
Zenobi, L., Dircks Ah Sam, A., and Rechtman, R. 2013 “An Archaeological Inventory Survey of TMKs:3-8-3-04:001 (por.), 3-8-3-05:001 (por.) and 020 , Ke’ei 1st and Kahauloa 2nd ahupua‘a, South Kona District, Island of Hawai‘i.” Prepared for Chuck and Diane Bundrant. On file with Hawai`i Dept. of Land and Natural Resources - State Historic Preservation Division.
Rechtman, R. and Zenobi, L. 2013 “A Cultural Impact Assessment for the Development of a Single-Family Residence on TMK: 3-8-7-07:011, Pāhoehoe 1st Ahupua‘a, South Kona District, Island of Hawai‘i. Prepared for Randy Vitousek and Cades Schutte. On file with Hawai`i Dept. of Land and Natural Resources - State Historic Preservation Division.
Rechtman, R. and Zenobi, L. 2012 “Archaeological Monitoring Report Hawaii Electric Light Co., Inc. (HELCO) Volcano Substation (TMK: 3-9-9-001:001) Keauhou Ahupua‘a, Ka’ū District Island of Hawai‘i. Prepared for Hawaii Electric Light Co., Inc. On file with Hawai`i Dept. of Land and Natural Resources - State Historic Preservation Division.
2018 "Running a hummingbird foodbank" Ignite Seattle.
2017 "Advocating for the user (researcher)" American Anthropological Association's Annual Meeting, Washington DC.
2017 "Archaeology in the Community" Earth Day 2017/March for Science Teach-in, Washington DC.
2016 "Interrorview" Start-up weekend pitch session, Washington DC.
2016 “Economic and Ceramic Specialization: Fueling the Dutch Spice Trade in Maluku, Indonesia". University of Washington Department of Anthropology Dissertation Colloquium.
2015 “Evaluating Peripheral Regions in the Context of Global Trade”. University of Washington STAR Conference.
2015 “Penggantian Pola Makan dan Perdagangan Sagu” (Dietary Changes and the Sago Trade). Southeast Asian Studies Annual Student Conference in Bahasa Indonesia, University of Washington.
2015 Panel member. “What is Anthropology?: Perspectives Then and Now” National Anthropology Day, University of Washington
2014 “The Original Camelbak: Pottery as Water Storage”. University of Washington Libraries Research Commons Scholars’ Studio.
2013 “Human Evolution”, Guest Lecture for Biology 453, Autumn 2013, University of Washington.
2017 User Experience Professionals Association, Seattle, WA chapter
2016-2017 American Anthropological Association